Monday 25 January 2010

Loving Avocado

P1020426

Avocado? You might know this or might be not. Is it a Vegetable or fruit? Bingo, It is a fruit. They are cultivated in tropical climate? says Wikipedia. But I’ve never seen this before in Malaysia other than a picture e.g: Shampoo bottle. 5 of them cost me 2 bucks plus, which I think it’s not so expensive. Thank to my housemate Siew Wen who introduced avocado to me. She gave me a bite of it and I was like “Yurk! what’s that” Here comes the magic, I actually missed the “yurk” taste after a few days and I bought it! This is the second time buying this… Like said : You should try everything once in your life, else you won’t know whether like it or not… Well, that applied to me this time.. Guys don’t get me wrong, you need to try good things, not things like drug, tobacco/weed (apology if I offence you) and so.. at least I won’t..

Funny stuff                                                                                                                                                                            Do you know where does the word “avocado” comes from? The word 'avocado' comes from the Nahuatl word ahuacatl ('testicle', a reference to the shape of the fruit), says Wikipedia. Yes, it does look like a huge testicle I would say, LOL

Health Benefits                                                                                                                                                                  High avocado intake has been shown to have an effect on blood serum cholesterol levels. Specifically, after a seven-day diet rich in avocados, hypercholesterolemia patients showed a 17% decrease in total serum cholesterol levels. These subjects also showed a 22% decrease in both LDL (bad cholesterol) and triglyceride levels and 11% increase in HDL (good cholesterol) levels. Additionally a Japanese team synthesised the four chiral components and identified (2R, 4R)-16-heptadecene-1, 2, 4-triol as the natural antibacterial component, says Wikipedia

Nutritional Value                                                                                                                                                            About 75% of an avocado's calories come from fat, most of which is monounsaturated fat. Avocados also have 60% more potassium than bananas. They are rich in B vitamins, as well as vitamin E and vitamin K. They have a high fiber content among fruits - including 75% insoluble and 25% soluble fiber, says Wikipedia

Wikipedia Link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avocado

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails